It is an elegant edification in eclectic style located in a centric place of Old Havana, right in front of The Capitol Building, The Fountain of the Indian Woman and The Partagas Cigar Factory. Gregorio Palacios Spanish merchant built it between 1879-80 and at that moment was one of the most important hotels in Havana. Apparently, Its name is a remembrance of a hot springs bathing housed in The United States.
Antonio Guiteras, ex former Secretary of Governing during the Grau San Martin government, was a frequent visitor of this place, perhaps by its proximity to The Capitol. In its terraces, Anacaona´s Band, the first Cuban women’ band made one’s first debut. The Saratoga Hotel was familiar and boarding house too. Today it’s preserve theirs original railings, carpentry, lattice work, marble´stairgs and square columns.
Distance to airport: 20 Kms. José Martí airport
Accommodations: It has 96 rooms, all with air conditioning, direct phone line and Internet access, satellite/ interactive TV, DVD, radio, safe, minibar, private bathroom, and hair dryer.
Services: swimming pool, spa, parking lot, tour desk, money exchange, car rental and taxis, laundry, lobby bar, snack bar, buffet restaurant, la carte restaurant, business center.